It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
...Henry David Thoreau
The Starting Over With Christianity Podcast offers a new beginning with Christianity.
You knew what you had heard from organized Christianity wasn’t right. It didn’t make sense. But you weren’t afraid to look for something different, and now you’ve found it.
Jesus said, “In the world you will have real hardships, but have courage, for I have conquered the world.” That is what Xy is all about.
You have a choice. You can either go through life in quiet desperation, with no sense of direction and purpose and seeing no real meaning to anything. Or, you can march through the troubles of life with your shoulders squared and your head held high.
That’s what Christianity really offers, if you can allow yourself to consider it.
Here's a short summary:
God created the world, but God didn’t create things like they are today. There is another power in opposition to God, the power of evil. The power of evil changed things—ruined things—from the way God originally made them. That’s why there are bad things in the world. That’s why there is sickness and disease, natural disasters, so many bad things in the world, and why peoples’ lives are filled with heartaches, sorrows, and problems. God did not cause any of that.
Jesus was God on earth as a human being. The great mystery of Christianity is that, at the same time, God was a human being here on earth, just like we are, but at the same time, God was still God.
The reason God came here as a human being was to defeat the power of evil. It started with Jesus’ resurrection and ascension, and it continues on today. The power of evil is so strong that it will take God a long time to defeat it. God is working towards that today and will not stop until He is victorious. One day, sometime in the future, God will completely defeat the power of evil.
At that time, God will make a new world, a good world where there will be no evil and no bad. God will give us new lives in that world, lives that will continue forever. That is what God wants for all people, everywhere.
Beliefs like this are not easy to have in the scientific world. Who believes in the spiritual anymore, anyway? And, organized Christianity itself has such a sordid past that many people are simply tired of it.
But science can’t answer the deepest questions people have. Science leaves the impression that there is no meaning and no purpose, that nothing has meaning.
If you live believing that, what will your life be like?
No one wants to live a life of quiet desperation. The good news is that you don’t have to.
Here is your chance to find meaning and purpose, to find a goal, to find direction. Here is your chance to rise above the chaos of life and have a sense of stability and peace. Here is your chance to realize that although evil and the bad seem to win out, in the end, they won’t.
Now is the time to start over with Christianity, to leave behind what you’ve heard about Christianity and discover something different.
This unique Christian podcast is based on the following beliefs:
- God did not in any way cause things to be as they are today. God does not in any way cause, use, or allow pain, suffering, disease, natural disasters, heartaches, the problems of life, or any other bad things. All those things are the result of another power, in opposition to God. Read more
- The problem is not that you sin and God is mad at you and wants to punish you. The problem is that something is against you, trying to destroy you. Read more
- Jesus didn't come so you could get forgiveness. Jesus came to start the process by which the power against you will be destroyed. Read more
- God is not an angry menace before whom you have to tremble. God is on your side, fighting for you. Read more
- God is working for good for all. He will keep working until He has achieved good for all. Read more
- God does not control all things. God does not cause all things. There is another power in opposition to God that operates in the world, and God has not yet overcome this power. Read more
If you've read this far, chance are that, at least to some extent, you are dissatisfied with what you've been told Christianity is all about. And, chances are that you haven't found what you're looking for anywhere else, like from science, psychology, or other religions.
You're trying to move forward. The Starting Over With Christianity podcast can help.
New to the podcast?
If you're new to the Starting Over With Christianity Podcast, the best place to start is with our first eight podcast episodes. They lay the foundation for everything else. Click on the titles below for a transcript of that podcast.
Starting Over With Christianity Podcast
Subscribe to our weekly podcast, or listen to individual podcast episodes.